Rock House, a Legendary Harbour Island Boutique Hotel
Explore the History and Legacy of Rock House
Rock House has been a vibrant and colorful feature of Harbour Island since the early 1940s. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast, and for many years a rental property, Rock House is an adults-only, 10-room boutique luxury hotel that has evolved into the gold standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service among Bahamian hotels and resorts.
An island oasis created for adults ages 18 and over, Rock House features 10 uniquely decorated rooms and suites (with king size beds), complimentary continental breakfasts, and resort-style amenities including a heated outdoor pool with private cabanas, a fully-equipped gym, in-room spa services, and a personal chaise on the famous Pink Sand beach with attendant service.
The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant a special and distinct mention. Whether it’s casual grilled fare in the main dining room or fine dining under the stars on the pool patio; at our select Chef’s Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and fresh, delectable menu choices - all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. Your host Don is always on hand to add that special personal touch, and the Rock House staff, with their genuine warmth and charm, will make you want to return again and again.
Below are a selection of the recent awards Rock House has been honored with:
- Conde Nast Traveler Gold List 2013 & 2014
- Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Fodor's Choice 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Travel & Leisure World's Best Hotels 2012
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018
- Trip Advisor Winner Traveler's Choice 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Caribbean Hotels 2015
- HotelsCombined 2017 Recognition of Excellence, 9.7 Rated by Guests