Rock House has been a vibrant and colorful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940’s. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property. Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service.
In July 2002 the property caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt, who had already created the successful Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. By annexing the adjoining Catholic School House and with careful remodeling and attention to detail. Rock House now offers the ambiance of an intimate boutique hotel with pool, 10 uniquely decorated rooms (with king size beds), including a luxurious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite featuring a whirlpool tub and expansive living room, a pool, fully equipped gym and your personal chaise on the famous Pink Sand beach.
The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention; whether it be casual grill fare or fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef’s Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. Your hosts Don and Eli are always on hand to add that special personal touch, and the Rock House staff, with their warmth and charm, will make you want to return again and again.
Listed below are some of the achievements Rock House has been honored to be recognized for:
- Conde Nast Traveler Gold List 2013 & 2014
- Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Fodor's Choice 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Travel & Leisure World's Best Hotels 2012
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2017
- Trip Advisor Winner Traveler's Choice 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Caribbean Hotels 2015
- HotelsCombined 2017 Recognition of Excellence, 9.7 Rated by Guests